Accounts Demystified – Seventh Edition.
Hello and welcome to Accounts Demystified.
- Chapter two of the book sets out 17 transactions that show how a balance sheet is constructed. If you go to SBL transactions, you can watch an interactive presentation of the transactions being entered onto SBL’s balance sheet. To see all 17 transactions summarised in a single table, click here.
- Part of chapter five is about debits and credits. Go to Debits and credits quiz to test yourself.
- Chapters six to ten are about the imaginary company, Wingate Foods. It will be a lot easier if you have a copy of Wingate’s accounts to hand so you don’t have to keep referring to the back of the book. To print out the accounts, go to Wingate annual report.
- Wingate 5 yr financials is a spreadsheet with the P&L, balance sheet and cash flow statements and all the ratios for five years.
- Chapters 11 and 12 are all about understanding the accounts of a listed company and I refer a lot to the accounts of another imaginary company, Listco. You can download a pdf of Listco’s accounts here.
Under Other resources, I plan to put some other things that you might find useful in furthering your understanding of accounting. Hopefully, I will get to this eventually.
Do let me know if there’s anything else I could put on here that would help. Equally, if you have any feedback on the book or this website, please don’t hesitate : Contact me